Marketing Thru Social Media: 17 Ways to Drive More Traffic FAST…
2. Create short 1-2 minute videos on YouTube and make sure to add titles near the beginning and end of the video inviting viewers to get more resources from your website.
3. Also make sure to optimize your videos’ titles, descriptions, tags and use your full url (meaning include the http:// part!) as the first line of your video description so people see it right away without needing to scroll down. Example: Business Card Kung Fu
4. Get to know Pinterest. It is the fastest growing social media site in history and it’s also a lot of fun. Visit my Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/DrSurya/ page and check out how various boards and pins are laid out and how they work. While you are there, please don’t forget to Like and Follow them.
5. Slideshare: You know you have got them – PowerPoints. PDF’s. All kinds of goodies probably littering your hard drive and you are not taking advantage of ANY of them as marketing assets. But sure enough, you can start a free Slideshare account, upload your favorite 5-6 PPT or PDF documents, optimize the tags, titles and descriptions, and BAM – more web traffic for you. Example: http://www.slideshare.net/doitmarketing
6. Build an about.me page that collects all your important web links and can serve as an online “business card” or switchboard to connect folks to all your social media accounts in one handy place. Example: http://about.me/QuantumPhysicsofBeliefs/#
7. Build a brand reputation profile on BrandYourself.com. It’s a great way to monitor your online reputation AND build Google juice so you are more visible, more findable and more credible to folks searching for your type of product, service or expertise.Example: http://bobgarlick.brandyourself.com/
8. Boost the impact and SEO value of your LinkedIn profile. Here is my LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/gtcinc
9. Blog, blog, blog… Research at Hubspot proves that businesses that blog twice a week generate 60% more traffic and leads than businesses that blog once a week or less. Not every blog needs to be a novel. Short is good. Medium is good. Long is good. Not blogging regularly is bad. Please Check my blogs and subscribe if you haven’t already: http://quantumphysicsofbeliefs.com/blog/ | http://executivecoachingchicago.com/blog/ and I am also a syndicated columnist at The Indie Business Journal – http://theindieconsultant.com/author/suryaganduri/
10. Infographics. Love ’em or hate ’em – the a’re hotter than a Vegas sidewalk in August. How can you present a simple, visual, and valuable piece of content that your readers, prospects and customers would really appreciate? Example: 12 Home Page Must-Haves.
11. Post to relevant LinkedIn groups. LinkedIn is THE social network for business. But all I see in your message stream is who you connected with yesterday, who you endorsed as a great accountant, and that you changed your photo (which is great because that brown tie wasn’t helping you). Post LINKS to your great content. Post provocative, interesting questions. Post answers in relevant Q&A Discussions.
12. Don’t ignore PR: Do everything you can to put yourself in a position to be quoted, interviewed, linked to, and featured in relevant blogs, articles, publications and newsletters aimed at your target market. If you are not sure where to begin, start withPRLeads.com and PressReleaseSender.com
13. According to Convince and Convert, text is going away. Everything online is moving to pictures and video. If that’s true, then your two new best friends will be…
14. Flickr.com: Post pictures of you, your clients, your projects, your meetings, your team, your best work. Don’t be shy – Flickr is a great place to strut your stuff in an immediately impactful way. A picture is worth a thousand words. Here’s a great example.
15. Animoto.com: Video, video, video. Turn your photos, video clips, and music into stunning video masterpieces to share with everyone. Fast, free, and shockingly easy! You can use these for yourself, your products, your services, your programs and your ideas. You can also export your creations to YouTube and optimize them further there (See point #3 above.) Example: Have you checked any of my YouTube videos lately?
16. Don’t ignore email marketing. One of the most common reasons you may be losing web traffic is simply because people who know you and like you have forgotten about how awesome you are. Email marketing reminds them. Not sure where to begin? Start with an Aweber Free Trail.
17. Never Stop Marketing. Never stop experimenting. Never stop testing. And only KEEP what works for you and generates results. You can safely toss the rest.
Go about your marketing with a sense of positive skepticism. Just because someone else says a strategy or tactic is great, doesn’t mean it’s great for YOU. There is no cookie cutter. You are no cookie.