Building value in the sales process is critical in turning your prospect into a client. Check out this month’s issue of Quantum Leap to learn and review valuable tactics that will help you close more business more often. The first 2 articles build on an earlier Radio Talk, “Unique Value Proposition” that I presented on August 9th [click here if you haven’t already heard that Radio Talk]. Please use these articles in the growth of your own business or share with your teams when appropriate as a value-added tool. The last 2 articles are a spiritual discourse on Cultural VALUE and are a continuation of the Round Table discussion, “Inter-Cultural Leadership” that is scheduled for August 16th at 8 pm; which can be accessed at this URL: http://quantumphysicsofbeliefs.com/20140816-intercultural-leadership-quantum-physics-beliefs/
What is VALUE?
In the corporate world, “values” are often just words displayed on the corporate webpage or even in the lobby of the building, without much implication…
Do you Remember Enron’s values: Integrity, Communication, Respect, and Excellence?
Well, maybe you should … because their leaders went to jail after they went bankrupt for fraud.
There was a “cultural world of differences” between what was advocated and what was actually valued, encouraged in the company!
“Values” mean nothing …
– if you can’t translate the word in one meaningful sentence – and meaningful doesn’t always mean “very deep”;
– if you can’t translate the word in things, actions, you can see, observe … ALL THE TIME;
– if they are wishes;
– if you think you can JUST CHOOSE THEM;
– if you don’t understand that they will shape your corporate culture, actions and results;
-if you don’t know your personal values, your team values, your company values;
– if you don’t understand that your company values are a composite of the personal values of the people working for you – like it or not, it doesn’t change anything!
– if you don’t live your values!
Any valuable choice?
There are values that you choose (more or less), like moral, religious values.
They are “espoused values”.
And there are values that you don’t choose. They are already within you. Most of the time, people are not aware of them. However, they remain the most powerful drivers in their lives (professional or personal) but are not aware of.
Professionals like me call them the personal hierarchy of values and we have tools to reveal, identify and measure them.
Why is it important to reveal values?
The personal hierarchy of values is the structure of the motivation of a person. Whatever they do they tend to satisfy this personal hierarchy of value. If their environment doesn’t allow them to satisfy it, people will live conflicts and their energy will be drained out.
If it’s still not clear to you, I am going to say it in other words.
If you don’t know the personal hierarchy of value of a person, you might find yourself spending a lot of time, energy and money to try:
– to MOTIVATE people without success (or not much);
– to RETAIN the right people;
– to ATTRACT the right people;
– to SHAPE a corporate culture that will never exist, at least with the current people;
– to UNDERSTAND (without really succeeding) conflicts;
and probably a few more lovely things…